Please sign in to post.

Madrid

We are trying to decide if we should travel from Pamplona (following the running of the bulls) to Madrid, or from Pamplona to Bordeaux. What are your thoughts, and what specifically should we do in the city of your choice? (I will post this question in the France travel tip forum as well.)

Posted by
1451 posts

Madrid and Bordeaux appear to be the same distance from Pamplona. I would choose going north so I could visit Bilbao Art Museum and enjoy the seaside in San Sebastion on the way to Bordeaux.

Posted by
1439 posts

Yep- July temps average a humid 89 degrees in Madrid. Phew! So, I agree with going to San Sebastián for the great beaches and food and spend some time in the Basque Country. While you’re in Pamplona, don’t miss the massive Royal Palace of the Kings of Navarre in Olite. It’s about 40 train minutes south of Pamplona

Posted by
2267 posts

The question lacks detail to offer insightful answers. Where else will you have been, where you’re going from the peso-Pamplona stop, what interests you in your travels, etc…

They’re significantly different options. I’m sure some primary research would draw you to one or the other. Or maybe they’re a travel logistic that would drive the choice.