Please sign in to post.

Madrid & Seville

Hello
We will be 4 nights in Madrid and 5 nights in Seville. (9-23 --9-27 Madrid) (9-27 10-2 Seville)

We will be taking a train from Madrid to Seville however wondered what to do in both cities. Should we do tours on viator or try taking the train ourselves to different destinations that are popular on both cities. We are travelling with 2 kids (ages 10 and 9) Our trip is exactly a month away.. Please let me know what are must sees in both cities. We don't want to overdo it as we are in Europe almost a month.

thank you

Posted by
336 posts

Hello,
Major things to do in Sevilla:
-The Cathedral, 3rd biggest in the world. Amazing place.
-The Alcazar is spectacular. Book a few days in advance to avoid waiting lines
-See a Flamenco show. We saw 2 in our 2 trips, we loved Casa de la Memoria. Small and authentic Flamenco. Also good to reserve a day or 2 in advance
-Plaza de Toros. You won't feel at home which is great. We decided to just take the guided tour with museum. My friend actually went to a bullfight. They loved the atmosphere.
-Plaza de Espagna
-Maria Luisa park just in front.
-Eat tapas, drink sangria or Vermouth. :-)
-Just walk the small streets of Santa Cruz, it's gorgeous
-Metropol Parasol for some modern funny and different architecture.
-5-10 minutes from there, a very nice museum: The fine arts museum. Peacefull, not crowded
-Casa de Pilatos, some great Mudejar architecture
-If you want to do an easy day trip by train, go to Cordoba. 45 minutes and you are there. The Mezquita is fantastic, the jwish neiborhood as well
Madrid
-The Royal Palace
-The plaza Major and surroundings
-La Latina disctrict(great for tapas bars and restaurants
-San Miguel Market
-Puerta del Sol
-3 major museums: Prado, Reina Sofia and Thyssen
-Retiro park in the same area(with christal palace and lake
-Plaza de Cibeles
-Puerta del Alcala
-Day trips could be, the magnificient town of Toledo, The El escurial Palace, the town of Segovia with the great Roman Aqueduc.

Posted by
6532 posts

Plenty to see in both cities. The historic centers are not terribly large and can be walked. For day trips to places like Cordoba, Toledo, or Segovia, just take the train. I don’t see the need for using a tour company unless doing it on your own is out of your comfort level, or because it might be easier with the children.