Please sign in to post.

Luggage storage, Madrid

Looking for long term luggage storage ( 4 to 6 ) weeks in Madrid Spain, while we do the Camino. any help is appreciated. Jim

Posted by
5 posts

thanks for the info, but the longest they will let me store luggage is 2 weeks, and We need about 4 to 6 weeks. JIm

Posted by
5211 posts

Fogcatcher,
There is luggage storage (Consigna) consisting of automated lockers in the Atocha train station in Madrid.
'Consigna' (look for green signs) is located at the far end of the ground floor near Burger King past the tropical gardens.
See here for map of station to locate (look for #5 (green) on page 3)
Hours of operation: 5:30AM - 10:20PM
We paid €3.20/24 hrs for a small locker (large enough for a 20" carry-on plus small back pack) when we were there last month.

Here is how it works:

• You pass your luggage through x-ray scanner staffed by security guard.

• Choose the size of locker you will need ( before buying ticket) by finding an open locker (green light by locking mechanism)

• Find ticket machine (in front, near x-ray machine) & follow instructions (available in English)-- you will pay for first 24hrs only.

• Once you get your ticket, place luggage in locker, close locker & follow directions on ticket to lock (make sure red light appears)

• You must keep ticket to retrieve your luggage upon your return (write down the locker # on ticket so you won't forget & do not fold ticket)

• When ready to retrieve your luggage, insert ticket in ticket machine & it will tell you how much you owe.

• Once you pay, swipe ticket over locker mechanism & locker will unlock (you have 10 minutes to open locker once paid)

We left our luggage in the lockers for 5 days, but you can leave your luggage there for months.

You can call the station at this number for more information: (+34) 902 432 343

Hope this helps!

Posted by
5 posts

Thanks for all the info. We will look into it. Hope they have very long storage 4 to 6 weeks ????
Jim

Posted by
5211 posts

Yes, you can store your luggage at Atocha train station for 4-6 weeks.
I actually called the phone # I gave you (above) & was told that you can store luggage for 364 days!

Just make sure you keep your ticket in a safe place, as you will not be able to retrieve your luggage without it.

Happy trails!

Posted by
15582 posts

If you are planning to stay at a hotel in Madrid, ask if they would be willing to store your luggage whle you do the Camino. They may charge you less or have another suggestion.

Posted by
5 posts

Thanks for all the help from everybody, We really appreciate it. Looks like we have a couple of solutions.
Jim

Posted by
1178 posts

I have stored luggage at the hostal or hotel where I was staying on several occasions. Not for that long of a time period, but I would guess they will accommodate you if you are staying there pre and post camino...check ahead of time and see.