Please sign in to post.

Lodging Suggestions for 2020 Las Fallas festival in Valencia

My wife and I are going to Valencia (March 15-19) for the Las Fallas festival. Does anyone have any recommendations for hotels or other types of lodging? Thanks very much.

Posted by
27093 posts

Nightly budget in euros? Some rates look quite high for that period, not surprisingly. There's even a youth hostel priced at over $200 per night on booking.com. I do see a lot of availability, though.

Posted by
5 posts

I'm willing to spend up to 250 euros per night for a hotel that is within a 10-15 minute walking distance of most Las Fallas events. Would also like to spend a day at the City of Science.

Posted by
15582 posts

In 2016, I stayed at Hotel Ayre Astoria Palace for 3 nights (Mar 16, 17, 18) for €500 (double room, no breakfast). The rates were probably higher for the last 2 nights of Las Fallas, but I chose not to be there then. The location was excellent, the room was wonderful, the staff were friendly and very helpful. Even though it was right in the center, it was quiet at night - and I'm a light sleeper.

Avirose was there at the same time, stayed through the end of the festival and had a room at/near the City of Science that was less expensive. If he doesn't pop up here, send him a PM. He did have to commute by bus to the center but found it was worth it and staying farther out allowed him more "back door" experiences than I had.

Posted by
2374 posts

A group of us stayed at this hotel this past March during Las Fallas:
https://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/vlcap-ac-hotel-colon-valencia/?scid=bb1a189a-fec3-4d19-a255-54ba596febe2

We had reserved a really good, cancelable, rate nearly a year before. Unfortunately, it looks like they aren't offering a similar rate for next year.

The hotel was a quiet oasis right in the midst of the festivities, so we mostly walked--a big plus because roads in the center were often closed to vehicles, and nearly impassable when they weren't closed.
So much fun!