Please sign in to post.

Laundry

We are traveling around Spain for 2 weeks and are trying to pack light (we are taking a Ryanair flight in country and are limited to 10kg per person for a checked bag) We are staying in Barcelona 5 nights then traveling to Granada for 4 nights then on to Madrid. We will be there for the end of March/beginning of April so we won't have to pack [?] any clothes. I have checked our hotels for laundry service so that we would not lose any time in a laudramat, but neither offers one. Any suggestions for a good drop off place in Barcelona or Granada, or maybe ideas for how to handle it?

Posted by
27142 posts

I do my own laundry in my hotels so can't give you specific suggestions. Rick's guidebooks, and probably some others, typically mention laundry possibilities In major cities. You can also try Googling for info. This question has probably been asked and answered previously on this forum and/or TripAdvisor, and Google is likely to turn up answers.

The Spanish term for a laundry is "lavanderia", and that term will probably work for Barcelona, too.

You can use Google Maps to compare the location of each of your hotels to the addresses of laundries you find online or in guidebooks. Google Maps has a search function itself. Here's what it turned up for the three cities you mentioned, though I don't know which are self-service vs. drop-off:

Barcelona laundries

Granada laundries

Madrid laundries

Posted by
23281 posts

When checking in ask the hotel. They will either offer to do it for a fee or point you in the correct direction.

Posted by
10 posts

In Ronda we took a bag of clothes to Tintoreria Pressto. I dropped a bag off just after they opened at 10am and the laundry was ready at 7pm when they reopened after their afternoon break. Cost 10 Euros which felt like a bargain. I believe this is a chain of franchises. I think there was one in the Corte Ingles in Madrid by Puerta del Sol.

Posted by
266 posts

What about staying in an apt with a W/D (or at least just a washer) in Granada? We stayed in apts in all of the locations you are going to be in and there were tons and tons of apartment options. It was so nice to have it and we were able to pack so much lighter. Just a thought.

Posted by
11294 posts

In Barcelona, for a "service wash" (drop off one day, pick up the next) I used:

Tintoreria La Concepcion
Bruc 87
Barcelona 08009
+34 934 58 41 32

It's in the Eixample. They did the laundry just fine, but I do have two caveats. In addition to getting all my clothes, I got someone else's underwear in addition (this meant an addition trip back to return it). And it cost €20, which is high (although my time is worth something too).

Unless you're staying in a fancy hotel, they rarely have their own laundry service, and if they do, it's by the piece, which quickly becomes financially ruinous. Rick's books usually have laundromats listed, and he indicates if they do service wash or are self-service only. You can also ask at your hotel; they will know the nearest place(s).

Posted by
2 posts

We are in Barcelona right now. After spending a week and a half in London and getting on a cruise here we needed a laundry service for a family of four. Above poster is correct, the going rate is €20 per load. But our hotels rates were ridiculous. We found a place very close to the ramblas. They did good work.

Wash and dry
Carrer de Sant Pere Més Baix 24
Barcelona 08003
Spain

Posted by
2942 posts

... the city (Barcelona) is full of DIY laundromats where you can do your laundry for 4 to 8€... for loads of up to 9kg.

These are some chains you can find in central areas:

They're open long hours 365 days/year.

Posted by
15585 posts

In Barcelona, it just depends on where you're staying. It should be easy to find one not far from your hotel. Put the clothes in the washer in the evening, go to a nearby bar for wine and tapas, one of you can run out to switch the clothes to the dryer, then go back, fold and you're done.

I found a cleaners/laundry with drop-off service in Granada but I was there over the weekend so it didn't work out for me. It was about 1/2 way between the cathedral and the train station, but I couldn't tell you exactly where.

Posted by
5269 posts

Ryanair checked baggage weights have been increased from 15kg to 20kg. You are allowed 10kg cabin baggage for no additional cost.