Please sign in to post.

Kid Friendly Flamenco in Sevilla

We will be in Sevilla on Sunday and Monday of Holy Week. Our kids are 10, 8 and 4. Are there any shorter Flamenco shows that are kid-friendly? Would prefer not to have the set dinner. I have read that flamenco often breaks out spontaneously at bars, but I don't believe those are appropriate venues for children?

Posted by
3916 posts

Hello, bars in the United States are not the same as "bars" in Spain. Think of bars in Spain more as cafes, more focused on food and not so much focused on getting wasted with alcohol. You will find local children and families at bars in Spain, even well into the night.

You are also right to avoid shows with set dinners, those are usually over priced tourist traps. However, I'm not sure what do you mean by "kid-friendly"? There is no nudity or anything like that in Flamenco, if that is what you are concerned about.

If you are referring to Easter Monday, April 22, you should know that the majority of shops and restaurants will be closed as Monday is a public holiday.

Posted by
4574 posts

There is a one hour show that can be considered kid friendly. Time is short, and performance early evening. When there, there were several children. The youngest....maybe...fell asleep on mom's lap before show started. Keep jn mind the venue is small and everyone is close to the stage, so quiet behaviour and ability to stay seated for the duration is considerate to the performers and other guests. Also, flamenco is loud.
Casa de la memoria is the showplace. Looks like 6 is the youngest age. Show times are listed from 7:30, some dates have 6:00 shows.

Posted by
5243 posts

My mom and I enjoyed the one hour show at La Casa del Flamenco when we visited Sevilla.
It's a small venue with chairs arranged in a semicircle around a small stage (no food served). Arrive at least 30 minutes before the show (with tickets in hand) for front row seats (there were only two rows of seats at the time we were there)

When we were there a few years ago they only offered two shows (7pm and 10:30pm) per night, but it looks like they have 4 shows per night now.

Enjoy your time in beautiful Sevilla!

Edited to add...
unfortunately it looks like children less than 6 are not allowed...

Posted by
1957 posts

I'd say the street performers are your best best as no venue allows children under a certain age. Plus I think the 4 yr old would get bored fairly quickly.