Please sign in to post.

Itinerary Question

Hi again--sorry to keep asking questions but you guys are so knowledgeable and helpful!

I am about to begin purchasing tickets for our attractions for our upcoming trip to Barcelona (we leave March 11th) and I am fine turning our itinerary. I have 2 days I need some help with:

I have us visiting:
Day 1:
morning--Sagrada Familia, Casa Mila
lunch
afternoon/early evening--Park Guell, Mt. Tibidabo + Sagrat Cor

Day 3:
morning--Ciutadella park, chocolate museum, Palua de la Musica, Picasso Museum
lunch and exploring El Born + Gothic Quarter
Evening tour of Casa Batallo.

My question: is day 1 doable? I realize that's a really full day. Would I be better to move Casa Batallo to day 1 and Park Guell to day 3? Or could we visit Park Guell, MT. Tibidabo + Sagrat on the same day as Montjuic HIll? Currently I have Montjuic Hill and Barceloneta on the same day. I am trying to give us some down time in the early evening to chill and rest and also to have a balance of a really fully scheduled day being followed up by a pretty chill and relaxed day.

We have a completely free day in between these 2 days and I would really like to keep that day free for a day trip or to to just wander the streets and explore.

Thanks!

Thoughts?

EDITED To add: We are in Barcelona a total 7 nights. We have 2 free days in our itinerary. These are just 2 of the days I'm trying to work out the best logistics.

Posted by
3904 posts

My question: is day 1 doable?

I don't think that it is, especially if it is your first day in Spain. Makes more sense to see Casa Batlló and Milà at the same time since they are a block away from each other. La Sagrada Familia is not close by. I'd say take it slow and enjoy your vacations, maybe:

Day 1:
morning--Sagrada Familia + Hospital de Sant Pau
lunch
Casa Batlló and Milà
Explore Gràcia neighborhood for dinner

Day 3:
morning--Palua de la Musica, El Born + Picasso Museum
lunch
Gothic Quarter + Montjuïc
Explore Poble Sec neighborhood for dinner/tapas

With such limited time I'd drop:
Park Guell, Mt. Tibidabo + Sagrat Cor