Please sign in to post.

Itinerary help for South of Spain

We are going to the South of Spain for 9 nights in October. We plan to arrive and leave to and from Seville. We want to visit Granada, Ronda and the beach for sure, and possibly a day trip to Morocco. We will be using public transportation and are thinking that we should stay in 3 main locations for 3 nights each unless you have other suggestions. We are open to ideas and would love help with an Itinerary.

Posted by
15560 posts

The only day trip to Morocco is Tangier. From all I can gather, it will use up at least 2 full days, because you have to get to the ferry departure point, usually Tarifa. It's at least 1/2 day from Sevilla, so you need an overnight in either Tarifa or Tangier.

The best place for the beach is probably by train from Sevilla to Cadiz on the Atlantic coast. It's about 1 hour 45 minutes on the train. You'd have to get to the Sevilla train station by bus. The beach is walking distance from the train station, via the historic center. Neither Granada nor Ronda is nearer any water.

Posted by
26840 posts

Morocco is very interesting, but Tangier isn't a great destination. I wouldn't devote so much time to getting to Tangier on such a short trip.

Posted by
4526 posts

Have you been to Seville before? If not, many find 4-5 nights most valuable. That can include a day trip to Cordoba and if a day trip to the beach is enough, then you can get there from Seville and not uproot your sleeping arrangements. There really isn't any logical locations to spend 3 nights each and see what you want to see. Granada needs at least 2 nights, 3 nights in Ronda is overkill and is a poor balance to deprive from Seville.
With day trips, you could do 5 nights Sevilla, 1 night Ronda, 3 nights Granada. Forego Morocco until you can actually go to 'Morocco' not Tangiers.

Posted by
7175 posts

With 9 nights, I would look at ...
3 nights for Sevilla
2 nights for Jerez/Cadiz OR Malaga/Nerja
2 nights for Ronda & pueblos blancos
2 nights for Granada