Please sign in to post.

Itinerary Help

The plane tickets are bought and the plan is almost set - would like opinion on one area in particular:
1 night in Segovia
I have it set up in Sept.
4 nights in Barcelona, 3 nights in Madrid with a 1/2 day trip to El Escorial, 1 night in Segovia, 2 nights in Toledo, 2 nights in Granada, two nights in Rhonda, 2 nights in Sevilla.

I decided to stay one night in Segovia at Rick Steves book suggestion but wonder if we should just do a day trip to Segovia from Madrid?
Any feelings on the above?

Posted by
7175 posts

I think Segovia from Madrid perhaps better, to minimize moving about.
I also think maybe a single night in Ronda and 3 in Sevilla.
The best of Ronda can be enjoyed in a leisurely afternoon.

4 nights in Barcelona
4 nights in Madrid with day trips to El Escorial & Segovia
2 nights in Toledo
2 nights in Granada
1 night in Ronda
3 nights in Sevilla

Posted by
15582 posts

It is true that towns that are easy day trips from a large city generally fill up with tourists during the day and are at their best in the early mornings and late evenings. I haven't been to Segovia but given that you have a lot of hotel changes, I'd stick with a day trip even so.

I would also consider dropping one of the nights in Toledo and adding it to one of the other cities.

Posted by
2768 posts

I think Segovia as a day trip makes sense - an overnight would be nice, but sometimes you just want to minimize the moving around.

Otherwise, looks good. I think both Toledo and Ronda are better as 1 night, and Seville and Granada better as 3...but it's good to minimize 1 night stops in general. So overall I think you have a good balance, but you could make an argument for the other way!