Please sign in to post.

Intra-Europe airlines

Will be flying from Paris to Malaga in December. Choice of airlines for nonstop service on the day we want to depart are Air Europa, Vueling, Primera Air and Transavia. They are all low-rated on Skytrax. Does anyone have experience flying on these airlines? It's about a 2-1/2 hr. flight and I can put up with discomfort, but there are also a lot of complaints about lost luggage and extensive delays. (Not doing just carry-on in winter. Bulky clothes, gifts, boots, etc.) Thanks!

Posted by
7811 posts

I have flown Vueling twice and Transavia (most recently from Rotterdam to Bergerac) twice. Each time the flight arrived and departed on time and I was able to carry on a 56 x 36 x 23 cm and meet the weight limits. One time I had to check a bag on Vueling and they did not lose it.
I have experience working as a passenger service agent including manning the lost luggage claim desk at O'hare for Virgin Atlantic. Skytrax does not mean anything as all airlines have extensive delays and lose luggage; one of the worse delays I've been a victim of was on the highly touted Lufthansa.

Posted by
2487 posts

I know Transavia - daughter of Air France KLM - as a reliable no-frills airline.

Posted by
3993 posts

Yup. I've flown Air Europa between Ibiza and Madrid. They fly Embraer 175s that are no different comfort wise than those Embraer 175s I've flown on Delta in the US. On Air Europa, I've always checked my bags and haven't had any problem retrieving them.

Posted by
9 posts

I've flown Vueling before (Barcelona to Ibiza). It's a low cost airline (so the usual restrictions around LCAs apply), but other than that I thought it was fine. Staff was pretty friendly and everything was on time.