Please sign in to post.

[infox] New pass for visiting heritage sites in Catalonia (2021)

NEW CULTURAL PASS TO VISIT MANY HERITAGE SITES IN CATALONIA

In a post-COVID world, cultural venues all over the world are desperately trying to recover visitors and some pretty amazing offers are being launched.

Here in Catalonia, the Dept. of Culture of the Government of Catalonia has just launched a project "DE BAT A BAT" -this is an expression in the Catalan language that means "wide open". It consists of a pass that provides free access as many times as you want during a year to 29 of the most important PUBLIC heritage sites (museums, monuments...) spread across this little nation: http://patrimoni.gencat.cat/en/debatabat/what-heritage-sites-can-i-visit including a couple in Barcelona

You can buy a personal and non-transferable pass for 30€ or a multipass (up to 4 people: bearer+3 companions) for just 100€

More info here: http://patrimoni.gencat.cat/en/debatabat

If you were planning to visit Catalonia shortly, have a look at the sites included... you could save substantially in comparison to regular prices.

Also, why not create a route especially around some of those places? You might or nor might know that Catalonia, due to its particular orography and geography, condenses very different types of landscapes in an area the size of Maryland (or Belgium), from high mountain ranges (+10,000ft) to golden beaches, Mediterranean forests... and a myriad of historical cities and towns, some dating from over 1000 years ago, scattered all over. It is so easy to drive from this to this in three or four hours!

PS: Note I said "public" sites, that is run by government institutions, not privately-run, therefore, this list does not include Sagrada Família nor many of the Modernist houses (Batlló, Milà, etc)

==========================
NOTE: From time to time I publish posts with specific information that I deem can be of interest to some of you planning your visits to Catalonia. I use the prefix [Infox] to easily identify and locate them... so you know, just search [Infox] and you'll see them all in a handy list.