Please sign in to post.

Hotels in Sevilla

Hello Spain travelers,

I will be taking a trip with my mom & have just finalized our itinerary {Fly into Madrid => Córdoba => Granada => Sevilla =>Toledo (via Madrid)} I'm having a difficult time finding accommodations in Sevilla for this October. I'd prefer to stay in Barrio Santa Cruz (or nearby), so we can easily walk to the Cathedral, the Alcázar, the Bullring & the University.

Unfortunately, most of the accommodations recommended in the 'RS 2015 Spain', as well as 'Frommer's Spain' are already booked , or out of our budget, so I'd like to get recommendations for hotels not found in these books.

My budget is $100-$150 per night & we will be in Sevilla for 5 nights.

If you have stayed in a hotel in Sevilla, that you recommend, I'd like to hear from you.
We would need a hotel with an elevator.

I think part of the problem is that October 12th (Monday), is Spain's National Day & this is the day we are due to arrive in Sevilla.

Thanks in advance! ;-)

Priscilla

Posted by
16167 posts

Priscilla, your reason for not wanting a hotel listed in the guidebooks is not stated in your post. Are they all booked?

We stayed at Casa 1800 and loved it, but it is above your price range. I see, however, that nearby El Rey Moro is not booked for your dates ( according to booking.com) and is within your price range. It looks charming, but I don't know about the elevator. Did you try that one?

Posted by
5202 posts

Lola,
Thanks for pointing the obvious (will edit my post).

Yes, most of the hotels in RS & Frommer's Spain books are booked or out of my budget.
I've stayed up late & have called the hotels directly (including El Rey Moro)... but still have not landed one. I know I can stay across the river or further away
from Barrio Santa Cruz, but I thought it would be nice to be near many of the main attractions.

Ashishmendiratta, Thanks! Unfortunately, Hotel Alminar, does not have vacancy for our 5 night stay.

Posted by
6 posts

Hi Priscilla,
Stayed at a very small wonderful hotel that is in the RS guidebook - Hotel MAESTRANZA www.hotelmaestranza.es . No breakfast but reasonably priced, neat, and old world charm with a modern bath. Very close to everything, walked everywhere from there.

Posted by
16167 posts

OK, the problem is the 5 nights. El Rey Moro had vacancy for two nights but is booked on the 14th.

Did you try putting your dates into a search engine like booking.com to find availability? You may have to split your time between two hotels to get 5 nights. Or try apartments ( can search on booking.com as well as VRBO and maybe AirBnB.

Posted by
16167 posts

Booking.com came up with Apartamentos Murillo for 5 nights---studio apartment with twin beds if you want. I remember considering this one as it gets great reviews, but I cannot recall the exact location--I can check that.

Try contacting them directly if interested.

Posted by
4151 posts

Too bad about El Rey Moro. We stayed there several years ago. It's in a great location in Barrio Santa Cruz, although the taxi has to leave you a couple of blocks away because of the pedestrian streets. It does have an elevator at the back of the courtyard. We were in Casa nº 17.

Did you mean it's unavailable 14-16 October? When I checked their website under Dates of your stay, it shows only the 14th as unavailable. Agreed, it would be a hassle to move to another place for only one night, but maybe they could work something out to change rooms. When I used the Flexible dates option, it showed options for arrival on 12, 13, 14, 15 and 16. The prices varied, so that might be an issue.

The website is somewhat difficult to use. To get to where I was searching, click on the green Show Availability without trying to put dates in the empty boxes above it. That takes you to an entirely different search screen that includes the specific dates and flexible dates options.

Posted by
471 posts

Two years ago we stayed at Hotel Fernando III
http://m.hotelfernandoiii.es I used booking.com for the reservation. I also just checked your dates on booking.com and it shows availability and in your budget. The roof top pool is amazing!!! Breakfast not included in the prices. The hotel is beautiful, the rooms are very big and modern with awesome bathrooms. The pictures on the website are accurate. Plus you are less then a 10 minute walk to the cathedral square. They can park your car for a reasonable fee. Hope this helps!

Posted by
5202 posts

Lola,
Thanks for your help!
I actually called, 'El Rey Moro Hotel', late last night & was told that we could stay there but would have to switch rooms 3 times & it would cost around 800 Euros.

I don't mind splurging to stay in a nicer hotel, but prefer to stay in the same room for the entirety of our stay.

Thanks again,

Priscilla

EDIT:

Lo, thanks! I was writing at the same time you sent your reply.

Carl, I will look into Hotel Fernando III, thanks for the info!

Posted by
63 posts

+1 Hotel MAESTRANZA
We stayed there this past march and they really took good care of us. Can't recommend them enough

Posted by
513 posts

Hello Pricilla -
I have stayed at the Hotel Abanico and loved it. The rooms are large and the hotel's common areas are truly beautiful. The hotel is not in the Santa Cruz neighborhood, but is instead just off of Plaza Alfalfa, with plenty of restaurants and bars available. This location is about a very easy 5 to 10 minute walk from the cathedral.

Posted by
5202 posts

Thanks Jimenez, David, and Jack!

I will make sure to check your recommendations.

Posted by
4 posts

We are staying at The Hotel Amadeus. They are definitely in your price range. My family stayed here a few years back and always rave about it. It is very close to all the attractions. This why it was a no brain when picking a hotel for our honeymoon.

Posted by
5202 posts

Hi Jeannine,

Hotel Amadeus was actually my first choice too! Unfortunately, the hotel is booked for the dates we plan to visit Sevilla.

I'm actually looking/considering to stay in an apartment while we're there ;-) I just need to find one now!

It's my own fault... I originally was planning this trip for next Spring (2016) but decided to move it up to this October.

My mom is in her 80's & visiting Andalucía is on her bucket list!

Enjoy your honeymoon trip!