Please sign in to post.

Hotels in Barcelona?

I will be spending three days in Barcelona before taking a Mediterranean cruise. Wondering what is the best area to stay in and if anyone could recommend a good hotel? Looking to stay down town in a safe area in a 4 star category.

Posted by
513 posts

I have stayed a couple of times at the Hotel Granvia, about a five minute walk from the heart of Barcelona, the Placa Catalunya. The hotel has had all of the rooms and the common areas remodeled in the past three years. They present an excellent buffet breakfast. Ask for a room that has a balcony overlooking the interior atrium.

Posted by
330 posts

We stayed a few weeks ago at Hotel Cortes and would recommend it. It's on a pedestrian only street in the Barri Gotic, two blocks from Placa Catalunya.

Posted by
27120 posts

The Cortes is on Carrer Santa Anna, and I agree that the area seems safe. I stayed in a (possibly simpler) place on the same street. I don't think the Cortes is a 4-star hotel, though.

Posted by
242 posts

We stayed at the Hotel Barcelona Continental near Placa Catalunya on Las Ramblas. It was a great location and we walked quite a few places with that as our base. The staff was friendly, the hotel was nice and they have a 24 hour buffet. Also, consider going to Montserrat which is easily reached from Barcelona. A very nice day trip.

BTW- this hotel is very popular with cruisers. I found out about it on cruise critic.

Posted by
2114 posts

The Alma Barcelona and The Neri are both wonderful hotels. Neri is in a historic area and very charming. Alma more modern style, but also a very pleasant experience. We enjoyed two nights in both, and that allowed us to enjoy the convenience of two different sections of Barcelona as we toured.