Please sign in to post.

Hotels in Barcelona

My husband and I (both in our 60's) will stay 4 nights in Barcelona in May 2023. Any recommendations? We don't want old and funky, prefer "modern" accommodations, i.e., perhaps an elevator, breakfast, and quiet, not on a noisy street.

Posted by
863 posts

The H10 hotel chain sounds like what you want. They have about 12 hotels in different parts of Barcelona. We (59 and 72) stayed in the H10 Madison in October 2022. It was very close to the cathedral in the Gothic Quarter. It was on a noisy street, however our room was at the back and very quiet. It had a really lovely rooftop terrace and great breakfast.

Posted by
1189 posts

We stayed five nights in the H10 Catalunya Plaça Boutique Hotel. Our room faced the Plaça, but the room was quiet because of the double pane sound-proof windows. Great location and very nice hotel. If you book an H10, join the hotel membership to get the best rate and the breakfast included for free.

Posted by
3695 posts

In November 2018, my BF and I stayed at the NH Collection Barcelona Podium for five nights and really liked it. It had an elevator and a restaurant that served breakfast (we never ate there), is pretty modern on the inside and the street was quiet.

Posted by
2404 posts

We stayed at the Ibis Sagrada Familia. decent price, good breakfast, helpful desk, near the church and 2 metro stops

Posted by
124 posts

I join the other H10 fans. Last May I stayed at the H10 Urquinaona Plaza. We booked a room with a terrace which I recommend. It gave us extra room and it was nice to have a drink out on the terrace. The breakfast and service were excellent. We found the location perfect for seing many attractions.

Just to change things up, I am staying at the H10 Metropolitian when I take my husband to Barcelona this May. As others have recommended, join the H10 Club for free breakfast and discounts. H10 seems to always have sales so be on the lookout for them.

Posted by
23 posts

thank you all for your recommendations. Any other's are most welcomed!

Posted by
1189 posts

FYI, I just received an email from H10. When you join as a member of a hotel or OTA booking site, you will get promotional emails until you unsubscribe. H10 sent me a promo code "EARLY23" which may give you a discount up to 25% when you book. Good luck.