Please sign in to post.

Hotel Recommendations

Hello all. I was hoping to get some hotel and/or B&B recommendations for some cities in Spain. There will be four of us. My wife and twin sons who are 14. We'd prefer to be in one room if possible. The exact lengths of each stay isn't decided yet, nor is the order, but we do know it will be in June of this year.

We know we'd like to spend time in the following:
Barcelona, Madrid, Toledo, Sevilla, Tarifa, Granada

Looking into these as well:
Segovia, Cordoba, Arcos, Ronda

This is kind of short notice for me as I usually plan everything out earlier than this. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Ben

Posted by
5687 posts

*In Barcelona, I stayed at BCN Fashion House. It's a BnB with a variety of room layouts. I don't know if they had a room for four. They did have a room for 3 for us.
*We didn't stay in Arcos or Ronda, we did stay in Grazelema which is about midpoint between Arcos and Ronda. We absolutely loved the BnB, Le Mejorana. They have a pool.
*Not a BnB, but a small inn in Cordoba, Hotel Mezquita. I know they have rooms for four. It's 15 feet from the Mezquita which was fantastic. Breakfast was extra and we did not purchase it.
*In Toledo, Sevilla, and Granada, we stayed in well located, small inns. They were extremely reasonably priced and we got an included breakfast. I'm not sure if any of these would have a room for four. I'm happy to provide info, it you would be interested.
*In Madrid we stayed at Hotel Europa. Again not a BnB, but we liked it and it's well priced and on the Puerto del Sol.
I hope something in this is of help to you. Have a great trip!

Posted by
1298 posts

For Granada, I can recommend Posada del Toro. I don't know if it has family rooms, though it might have interconnected rooms. It's in a great location in the centre, but also convenient for the Alhambra and right at the bottom of the Albaicin. Nice old building, adequate breakfast and rooms have a kettle and tea supplies.

Posted by
27207 posts

Since your trip is coming up soon and you're hoping for quad rooms (which are rare), I'm concerned that the best places recommended to you in this thread may already be booked up. I suggest you also shop around on booking.com (or similar website of your choice) and see what is actually available for your dates. Booking.com is good about showing the bed configuration in each room, and you can trust the reviews to at least some degree, because only those who have actually stayed at the properties are allowed to review them.

Posted by
2455 posts

Ben, in Cordoba, I stayed at, and really enjoyed, Mi Casa en Cordoba. It is an old residence, very near the Mesquita, with about 3 apartments of various sizes. I booked through Booking.com. The owners used to be in the ceramics business, and the building is now decorated with beautiful ceramics. There are restaurants nearby and a small grocery store within a block or two.