Please sign in to post.

Hotel Recommendations

Hello, I am looking for inexpensive but CLEAN lodging options for a party of 4, in the following cities: Santiago de Compostela, Salamanca and Segovia during July. Please share any recs you may have. Thanks in advance.

Posted by
6507 posts

I’m not certain inexpensive and July go together since that is major tourist season. In Santiago de Compostela last September, we stayed at Hotel Lux Santiago for a night after walking the Camino for five days. It was a good basic hotel, modern decor, with an excellent breakfast. From it, it’s about a 10 minutes walk to the cathedral. Our 2nd night there (couldn’t get a 2nd night at hotel Lux) we stayed at Hotel Rua Villar. It is very near the cathedral (1 minute) in the heart of the historic district and we loved its atmosphere. It was €90. Breakfast was good, but not included in the room price. I have no problem recommending either. If coming to Santiago by train, hotel Lux is closer to the train station. I haven’t been in the other cities recently so can’t make recommendations for those.