Please sign in to post.

Hotel in Granada

Hi,
My husband & I are leaving for Spain in October (our 1st time)! Looking for a hotel recommendation in Granada which is close to everything. a 3-star is ok.

Posted by
5210 posts

We stayed at Hotel Anacapri (RS recommended) near Plaza Nueva.
Our room was comfortable, and the staff were friendly and helpful.

Have you booked your Alhambra tickets yet? If not, do book ASAP!
There are very few tickets left for the month of October.

Enjoy your trip!

Posted by
8141 posts

We have started staying in apartments whenever possible as we want to get closer to the local citizens and we're more comfortable having more room. It's also a big savings to prepare a few meals.
We can also pack a little lighter when we know we'll have a laundry available.

We were in Granada the first of June, and we stayed at the foot of the mountain below Alhambra. The apartments were named Apartamentos Campo del Principe, and a ground floor one bedroom unit was only 65 Euros per night--through Booking.com.. Spain is substantially less expensive on most items, including rooms, groceries and restaurant food than most other European countries. The place was spotless, and it was 50 yards from the bus line that took us up to Alhambra and anywhere in town. A taxi stand was also very close, as were groceries, restaurants, etc..
We went through GetYourGuide.com for the Alhambra tour, and they handled the ticketing and an excellent guide. Warning: The tour was over 3 hours long, and it was quite physical including untold steps and walking up inclines. It is quite a sight to see, however.

Posted by
102 posts

We also stayed at the Hotel Anacapri. The location is excellent. Very lively spot and close to restaurants, shops and the public bus that will take you to the Alhambra.

The staff was wonderful. The rooms are charming. There's nothing we didn't like about our stay here. I don't know if you are planning on renting a car and driving-I would highly recommend you do not attempt to drive into the old part of Granada, where the hotel is located. GPS doesn't work in the old city and the streets are the width of a donkey cart, since they were originally built to accomodate same.

Posted by
782 posts

I stayed in the hotel Anacapri and as others have Said and the location is excellent and Across the street from the Alhambra ticket pickup Point.I thought that the breakfast offerings at the Anacapri were lacking.
Mike

Posted by
7279 posts

If the Hotel Anacapri is unavailable, we stayed at the Roommate Leo Hotel and were happy with it. The room was nice and modern, the breakfast assortment was excellent and had a balcony where you could also enjoy relaxing with your coffee. The staff were friendly and greeted us each time we walked through the lobby. I reserved a room with a balcony, and the balcony was huge! It held a couple of chairs plus two loungers.