Please sign in to post.

Hotel during La Merce Sept 2019

Help! I can only find old threads for hotel recommendations during the La Merce festival, but couldn't find any recent discussions. We will be arriving from Madrid on the 23rd for a 4 night stay, which looks like it may be during the last two days of the festival. We want to enjoy the festivities, but prefer a hotel not too close to the crowds. Any recommendations since we need to book quickly?

Posted by
27122 posts

Since the lodging situation may be tight during that period and the recommendations you get on this forum may all turn out to be full, I'd recommend seeing what's available on booking.com. If you find some decent possibilities, list them here and see whether folks have any comments.

As for recommendations, it's difficult to provide useful ones without knowing your nightly lodging budget in euros and what type of room(s) you need--double, twin, triple, etc.

Posted by
3904 posts

I would not shy away from any good looking hotel you can snag for La Merce. Remember there will be events all over the city for la Merce, finding a quiet corner for yourselves means being a distance away from the city center which may not be too fun, don't escape the crowds - embrace them!

Posted by
8 posts

I was able to find a couple of choices for 3 star moderate priced hotels - Hotel Jazz, Negresco Princess or Hotel Pulitzer Barcelona. My head is spinning from all the reviews on trip advisor, but am hoping for the RS forum to help me out on this.

Posted by
3904 posts

Being from Barcelona, I don't have much experience hotel-wise in my own hometown, though some family friends stayed at HCC St. Moritz in the Eixample district once and they liked it alot.

Posted by
6547 posts

It’s been years, but we stayed at hotel Balmes on Carrer de Mallorca when we were there for La Merce. It’s away from the crowds, but close enough to walk to the festival activities. It’s only a few blocks from each, Casa Mila and Casa Batlo. It’s about 12 blocks from the Sagrada Familia. Plaza Catalonia and the Ramblas is about a 15 minutes walk.