Please sign in to post.

Hotel Casa 1800 in Granada

Trying to book some nights in Granada in December. Rick suggestions Hotel Casa 1800, which has come up in other recommendations/searches as well. However, many people have noted that you have to walk down a narrow alley to get there. As we will have multiple suitcases, and will also return in the dark most evenings, wondering if anyone can comment on how safe/practical this is? I usually like being able to jump right out of a taxi (or a walk down a busy street) into my hotel.

Posted by
427 posts

Looking at Google maps the hotel is just off the main street that climbs the hill across the river from the Alhambra a street that a taxi can drive on. So, a few steps away from where the taxi can drop you. I would not concern myself with that. I would however worry about how much noise there will be that close to where everyone hangs out at night. The hotel looks very posh way more upscale that anyplace I've stayed in several trips to Granada. Depends what creeps you out or not, I love crooked lanes and alleys and have never found Granada to be unsafe. I like to stay up the hill from where the Casa 1800 is, away from car and people noise. I always go to Granada on a weekend as it is so much fun, everyone is out, wedding parties, people dancing in the square, lots of buskers and of course the kids hanging out and smoking pot. I'm sure others find Granada at night not so inviting as I do but I'm 65 old-lady here and love it at night. J

Posted by
1072 posts

My sister and brother in law (63 and 65) stayed at Hotel Casa 1800. She does not pack light and loves large wheeled suitcases. She didn't mention any issues with luggage but did love the hotel. She stayed in a room with Alhambra views.