Please sign in to post.

Holidays in Spain 2019

Hallo all!
I plan a trip to Spain with my boyfriend in 2019. We are thinking about where we should to go and what we should to see ? We never been in Spain and we want to get information from u if u live or u was in Spain!
Thanks about any answers!

Posted by
1580 posts

For first timers to Spain I may suggest Barcelona or Andalucia. Do you like historical sites, beach, white wash villages, food, art, flamenco?

From my journeys in Spain, Andalucia has always been my favorite area in Spain to explore.

How many days are you planning to be in Spain?

Posted by
8293 posts

What is it that attracts you to Spain? Do you have a guide book yet?

Posted by
1290 posts

Frankly, I think you should get a guide book. Rough Guide has a general Spain one. I suspect Lonely Planet do too, though their books are generally awfully badly written.

I fear yours is a little broad as a question; and given it is almost April, perhaps a little late. To narrow things down, how long do you have? when will you be here? what are your interests (historic buildings or beaches, for example)? do you prefer a quick visit to the highlights of multiple cities or like to relax, "people-watching" in one town?

Anyway, assuming you have a few weeks, to start you off, the five best, bigger cities of Spain are, in descending order of goodness Sevilla, Barcelona, Las Palmas, Madrid and Bilbao. But Granada, whilst less populous, is better than all those except Sevilla. Cadiz and Cordoba are better than the last three. And there are plenty of smaller towns which most would prefer to the larger ones. For example, Toledo is nicer than Madrid or Ubeda is better than Almeria.

Posted by
27063 posts

What time of year is your trip? Southern Spain is deathly hot in the summer. Madrid is also not exactly moderate in temperature.

Posted by
6 posts

Thanks for your answer!
We plan to be 7 days in Spain. We would like to visit interesting places, meet interesting people and relax on the beach. Do you think that Andaluzia will meet our expectations? What restaurants, accommodation do you recommend? What is worth visiting in Andalusia?

Posted by
6 posts

To Norma!
Sun, beach, vibrant cities, excellent cuisine, amazing monuments, unique culture, etc...
We do not have a guide book yet, do you know a nice guide book?

Posted by
6 posts

To Nick!
We plan to be in Spain in mid-September for 7 days. We would like to visit the historical buildings and rest on the beach. We will not be able to visit all the cities in such a short time :( - maybe another time. We would like to see everything calmly.

What do you think, which places to visit the best and relax at the same time? From this places you mentioned?

Posted by
8293 posts

Re guide book. Go into a book store or library and see what is available. You will never get all the information and tips here that a decent guide will offer.

Posted by
6 posts

To Norma,
I will definitely go to the library and I see the guide.
Thank you for your response :)

Posted by
1580 posts

You can combine Barcelona with Valencia for 7 days or Just do Andalucia by itself starting in the city of Seville , Cordoba, and Granada for 7 days.

Posted by
1580 posts

You're most welcome Domi. Feel free to ask me any other questions as far as lodging, restaurants and city sights.

Posted by
1942 posts

I would suggest Madrid. It sounds like the OP is young and Madrid is the nightclub capital of Spain, plus it has the Prado and other dining attractions.

Posted by
5256 posts

I would suggest Madrid. It sounds like the OP is young and Madrid is the nightclub capital of Spain, plus it has the Prado and other dining attractions.

But no beach.

As much as Barcelona doesn't enthuse me I can see the attraction for a young couple on their first trip to Spain and it has the benefit of a beach albeit nothing special and combined with a couple of day trips could tick quite a few boxes.

Or......

The Costa Del Sol. Marbella with its young crowd, good beaches, excellent nightlife and some fantastic day trips.

Or.....

Throw caution to the wind and live a hedonistic week in Ibiza. Granted, it's lacking in historic gems but it'll be a week you'll never forget and not only is it the nightclub capital of Spain but also the world.

7 days is an incredibly short time and I don't know if this includes arrival and departure as well so spending nights in different cities is a waste of precious time. Choose one place and make the most of your brief time there.