Please sign in to post.

Help with Train Travel

I have booked the following train travel from Madrid to Ronda on September 18,2024.. I can't figure out when the train arrives in Ronda. I would greatly appreciate some help figuring out when it arrives in Ronda. Here is the information:

Origin : Madrid Atocha Gate - Almudena Grandes
Link : Antequera-Santa Ana
Destination : Round
Train : AVLO 02178 - MD 13076
Also, I am trying to get from Toledo to San Sebastian on September 27 preferably by train rather than bus.. I see limited train options when I go to the Renfe website. But, a google search turned up a Renfe Avant train that leaves in the afternoon from Madrid Chamartin but(i couldn"t find this route on the Renfe site). Do I have to use a special website for Avant trains? I would appreciate any help with a recommended train route and/or guidance on how to find the most comprehensive list of available routes. We are willing to leave Toledo at any time and would like to get to San Sebastian by early evening. Thank you.

Posted by
2495 posts

Try the Trainline app. Renfe is often problematic when trying to book using foreign credit cards. I just tried it and see one direct train and several with connections for Madrid to Ronda.

Lots of options for the 9/27 journey. The fastest option is over 7 hours.

Posted by
7458 posts

The train to Ronda on 18 September (from the RENFE website) leaves Madrid Atocha at 1737 and arrives at Antequera-Santa Ana at 2019. The connection departs Antequera at 2100. Ronda is the 4th stop at 2207.
The other calls are at Bobadilla at 2109, Campillos at 2119 and Almargen-cañete La Real at 2135.

On the AVLO train Antequera is the 6th station stop- others being Ciudad Real at 18:31, Puertollano at 1848, Villanueva De Córdoba-los Pedroches at 1912, Córdoba at 1938 and Puente Genil-herrera at 2005.

Google is just wrong about an Avant afternoon train from Madrid to San Sebastian.

The trains from Madrid are a 0715 Alvia train, a 0906 Media Distancia (which you can save an hour by taking the 1015 Avant to Valladolid changing into the MD there), a 1446 Inter City (arrives 1941, the 1230 from Toledo to Atocha is the connection, showing on RENFE) and a 1738 Alvia arriving at 2247 (1525 connection from Toledo). DB confirms that those are the options .

The 1230 and 1525 are the bookable connections, but for the 1015 from Madrid you could book an early train from Toledo as a separate ticket- for the 0728 or 0755 trains.