Please sign in to post.

Help with itinerary for June 2016

I am in the early phases of planning for a graduation trip in June with my 18 year old son. We are spending a week in Germany and then flying to Spain. I have spent time in Madrid, Toledo and Barcelona, so I am trying to find new things for me to do! My son hasn't been to Spain. I am thinking along the lines of this:

Saturday June 18 - Fly to Sevilla in the morning, spend the afternoon in Sevilla
Sunday June 19 - Sevilla - bullfight, wander around more
Monday June 20 - Early train to Cordoba or Toledo for day trip on the way to Madrid (can we store our bags somewhere?)
Tuesday June 21 - Madrid
Wednesday June 22 - Madrid - maybe day trip to Segovia, El Escorial
Thursday June 23 - Madrid
Friday June 24 - Fly home from Madrid

Based on this, are we moving too much? Too many day trips? If you have any recommendations for "must sees" and lodging, I would appreciate them!

Posted by
984 posts

Comment only.
You are giving little justice to Seville.
Presume you and your son know what to expect from a corrida (what you describe as a 'bullfight') and are happy to see this. Never mind the tedium of watching the six bulls slaughtered in much the same routine each time, if you want your moneys worth. How do you know there will be a corrida that Sunday?
A train journey to Toledo requires you travel via Madrid, not sure whether you follow that.
There is consigna/luggage storage at the bus station opposite the train station in Cordoba and a shop nearby and at Puerta de Atocha station, where you arrive in Madrid.

Posted by
330 posts

I like your plan.
With our highschooler and college aged kids we we went to a soccer game in Madrid.
We also took them to Segovia. They loved walking on the aqueduct.
We were in Cordoba and a half day was great. My colleged aged daughter went to Toledo with some of her friends for a weekend and Loved it! Said there was a lot to see and do there. Very historical.
Have a great time planning! Enjoy your special trip!