Please sign in to post.

Help with Itinerary

I and my 20 yr old niece are traveling in Spain and Portugal. We arrive in Barcelona on Aug 4th in the late afternoon and we leave Lisbon, Portugal on Aug 13th. I thought we could spend a few days in Barcelona (and trips close by), a few days in Madrid (and trips close by), and a few days in Lisbon(with a day trip or two).
Should we be spending more time in one of those major cities than one of the others?
I am thinking of the following: Barcelona Aug 4th, 5th 6th nights and taking a train in the morning of the 7th to Madrid, staying in Madrid 7th, 8th 9th and taking the night train to Lisbon on the evening of the 9th, arrive in Lisbon in the morning of the 10th, stay in Lisbon the 10th, 11th, 12th, and fly out of Lisbon on the morning of the 13th.
Should I switch a day or two out of Lisbon to Barcelona or Madrid or does it look ok the way I have it?
Thanks for all of your suggestions.

Posted by
1178 posts

The trip you have outlined sounds good to me. The trip from Barcelona to Madrid is about 2 1/2 hours. You arrive at the Atocha Train station. I think the train to Lisbon will leave from there, but you need to verify this. The train tickets will have the car number and seat number on them. Limited security xray of your luggage. You are responsible for its transport on and off the train. Luggage carrier inside the door. There is a snack bar car in the train as well.