Please sign in to post.

Help!! Lost my Sevilla part of Rick Steves Spain 2015

Omigosh! When I travel I take my Rick Steves guide book to Staples--they break it up into little spiral-bound booklets for each city. Works great for me (try it--you'll like it!) I'm on the train to Sevilla--this morning I tore apart my luggage and cannot find the Sevilla booklet. I guess I can cope-- I have a lot of notes, but I'm lost without a couple of things: 1) his Barrio Santa Cruz walk -- I always do his walks and really like them. I so wanted to do that this afternoon or tomorrow. 2) his section on Eating in Sevilla. I am completely untalented in picking good places to eat just walking around-- long history of bad choices.
Called all around --no English book stores in Cordoba or Sevilla have it. Any ideas? Any way just to send me pictures of the Santa Cruz walk? I guess I can just eat crummy food. Oh woe!

Posted by
2455 posts

Theresa, so now the pickpockets are going after chapters of Rick's books! I guess you can't very well keep those safe in a money belt. Some ideas: (1) if your notes include any of the RS-recommended small hotels or inns, often these places will have a small library of books fir their guests to use -- if they are in the book, they may have one, although maybe not the 2015 edition, so stop by, smile big, and ask if you can read a bit; (2) look for tourists walking around with the RS Spain book, I bet you'll see plenty; (3) assuming you are carrying an iPad or Kindle, buy a new electronic edition via the Internet; (4) try a TI; (5 take a walking tour of Barrio Santa Cruz with a guide, and also ask them for restaurant recommendations. Good luck!

Posted by
3521 posts

If you have any of the popular smart phones or tablets, there is an option to buy the book in electronic form. Amazon Kindle has the 2016 version of the book available with free readers for most devices, I'm sure there are other options as well.