Please sign in to post.

Granada to Tarifa

As part of our travels we are looking at heading to Tarifa after Granada. Transportation recommendations look like bus is the best option. Perhaps Avanza from Granada to Algeciras and then perhaps Transportes Comes from Algeciras to Tarifa. When checking both Avanza's and Transportes Comes websites, I'm not able to find any schedules any day of the week in the near or far future. Do you know if this is a COVID schedule impact? Or is my information incorrect and these bus companies no longer operate these routes? I am planning for a May/June 2022 time frame and am wondering if I need to rethink my itinerary routing.

Posted by
23267 posts

It is more likely that you are too early for schedules.

Posted by
6888 posts

May I ask what are your plans from Tarifa?
If your goal is a day trip to Tanger (a common reason to go to Tarifa), then perhaps reconsider; there are many posts on this. I do like Tanger but for many people, a day trip is full of hassles and lacking in charm.

Posted by
245 posts

Thanks Frank.
Balso...Gibraltar and Tangier -- yes, I know the concerns/disappointments/hassles, etc. with both places. Right now, there is still of interest to the parties traveling -- we are party of 6. Thanks for your inquiry.

Posted by
292 posts

I've done Tarifa to Seville via Transportes Comes in 2019, and definitely found that tickets didn't get posted especially early, but the schedule didn't seem to change significantly. That said, their schedule website did seem to be showing hours if you search for something soon like next week. Here's a direct link to what they say their typical Algeciras to Tarifa hours are.

If I remember correctly, I waited until being a week or two out from the trip and bought the ticket online, but then had to get a physical ticket (basically a receipt printout) at the Tarifa bus station. I'm another Tangier fan, but I do hope you'll plan to at least stay a few nights in Tangier / Morocco if that's the reason to go to Tarifa. It's worth so much more than a day trip!