Please sign in to post.

Free Walking Tours

Has anyone tried OgoTours, a free walking tour in Madrid?
I will be traveling with family of 5 and am considering this since it would be nice to get some basic history, city facts in on our trip.
It states that it is free and dependent on tips. From other threads, for a family of 5, would you recommend tipping 10euros
per person......so 50 euros for my family.

Other walking tour suggestions in Madrid, Sevilla, Granada or Nerja would be appreciated!
(Trying to contain costs since we are a family of 5)

Thank you!

Posted by
16893 posts

50 euros would be less than the cost of a private guide or a hop-on-hop-off bus tour in Madrid. The free guides normally are charged by their management for each person who is present at the start of the tour. Also look at the offereings from Essential Madrid tours, www.esmadrid.com, for an official price of 6 euros per person, which is the first one listed in Rick's Madrid chapter.

Posted by
8049 posts

free tours are scab operations that undercut licensed trained guides who have to pay and put a lot of time to get certified; scab guides do work for tips however and have to pay the agency that organizes them for the names that are registered, so if you don't tip well, they actually lose money.

I don't think people should use them, but if you do, I would think 10 Euro a head is a fair tip.