Please sign in to post.

Flying from Granada to Barcelona end of Sept 2023 on Vueling Air

It looks like the best way to travel from Granada to Barcelona is flying. But there’s only one airline - Vueling- and I’ve read some bad reviews. In particular that they lose luggage. Their carry on restriction is such that we probably have to check our bags. Should I be worried? Anyone out there have experience with this airline? It’s a short, direct non stop flight .

Posted by
95 posts

I flew from Seville to Barcelona in early April. I did not check a bag, but had a a carry on plus a backpack. So, I have no comment on checked luggage. I also flew from Barcelona to Madrid a week later for my flight back to the US. I was concerned that I would not make that connection in time, but it all worked out fine. I paid the upcharges for the carry on on each Vuehling flight. Both flights went smoothly.

Posted by
968 posts

We flew Vueling from Barcelona to Geneva in 2019 and had no problem. I believe they and Iberia are the two main airlines in Spain.

Posted by
131 posts

I flew from Barcelona to Granada in May and the flight was fine. No days and my luggage arrived no problem. I had the same experience flying from Edinburgh to Barcelona last year too. Granada's airport is small but located a bit out of town so leave yourself plenty of time to get there. We found flying to be a faster and easier option between Granada and Barcelona.

Posted by
2267 posts

Passengers with perfectly average experiences that meet expectations don't bother leaving reviews. Vueling flies something like 100,000 people a day, making those bad experiences in the revies a statistical anomaly.

Posted by
2 posts

Thank you all for sharing your experiences with Vueling. You've talked me off the ledge!

Posted by
505 posts

Flew that same route this Summer and I’m using Vueling again this Fall. They are fine. No frills and they charge for everything, but they are ridiculously cheap.

Yes, their baggage rules are the stuff of flyer legend, but just be smart and pay for your checked bags up front. You’ll have no problems