Please sign in to post.

Flying from Barcelona to Granada

Rick's tour book recommended itinerary shows flying from Barcelona to Granada. The only airline on this route seems to be the low cost Vueling Airlines, which seems to have a lot of terrible reviews; late flights, lost luggage, poor customer service, etc.
Does anyone on this forum have experience with this flight or airline? The option to take the train is via Madrid and is almost 8 hours with transfer times. I'd rather take a 1/2 day to get to Granada than a whole day, but not if the flight might be a terrible experience.

Posted by
5614 posts

I can't comment on bus/train/plane, but I will say I flew Vueling from Barcelona to Vienna and had no complaints. The airport gate was pleasant, the plane relatively new, the staff at the ticket counter and on the plane were pleasant. We left on time. If I didn't know, I wouldn't have thought that Vueling was a budget airline. Well, I guess, there was no beverage service.

Posted by
7871 posts

I have never had a problem with Vueling. It is a successful airline.
They have 3 or 4 direct flights a day from Barcelona to Granada.
They are only 1:35 minutes (it might be 15 minutes on the runaway and an 1 hour in the air). It will be over quick.
It is cheaper than the train (RENFE gets bas reviews if you look hard enough).
All airlines have bad reviews and different rules, so pay attention to theirs.
If you need to checkin baggage be the first in line to do it.
Most lost baggage happens on connecting flights or when customers are late checking in.
I know this from working as a passenger agent at O'hare.

Posted by
8154 posts

We took a bus from Madrid to Granada. The train wasn't running at that time. Seems like it was 3.5 hour trip--nice ride.

We flew Vueling from Granada to Barcelona. Sure beats a train or on the ground, as Spain is a quite large country. Flight was 1 hour without any problems of any kind. We always carry on any luggage to minimize any problems.

We really enjoyed Granada as it's a great little city and very inexpensive too. Rented an apartment and went to Alhambra.

Posted by
14 posts

We flew from Barcelona to Granada via Vueling Airlines just last month. We had no problem whatsoever including having checked luggage. We had a midmorning flight and got to Granada early enough to have lunch and get in a half day of sightseeing.

Posted by
261 posts

We flew Vueling Barcelona to Granada Sep 2022 - good flight, no problems. Taxi from Barcelona suburb to airport - relatively cheap & quick. Bus from Granada airport into town. Several stops included the Cathedral which was near our apartment.