Please sign in to post.

Flamenco in Seville

Any suggestions on where to see flamenco in Seville? We would prefer just the dance, not a planned dinner, We'll be there the foirst 3 days of May. Thank you!!

Posted by
6 posts

There are several options in Seville to see flamenco without dinner, such as La Carbonería, a popular spot among locals that offers authentic shows every night at around 10 pm. Admission is free, but you're expected to buy a drink. Another option is Casa de la Guitarra, a small venue that offers intimate flamenco shows every night at 7:30 pm, 9 pm, and 10:30 pm for an admission fee of around €20.

Posted by
7129 posts

Our second evening in Sevilla, we walked over to La Carboneria Bar to see some flamenco since it’s mentioned in the RS Spain book and was only a few blocks from our apartment. We arrived to see the last 10 minutes of flamenco so decided we should book a reservation at one of the shows for the next night.

Our last night, we attended a flamenco show at La Casa del Flamenco. I appreciated that the setting was intimate without dinner noise to distract the dancers & music. We were glad we didn’t just see the flamenco from the previous night.

Posted by
251 posts

I’ll agree with Jean that the performance at Casa de la Flamenco was excellent without distraction of food and drink. I really enjoyed it last month. Get there a bit early as seating is first come, first seated although it is a small venue so worst case you’ll be three rows back.

Of course there’s always the impromptu performances at Plaza d’Espanya too….

Posted by
22 posts

Thanks to all for the suggestions. We'll figure out our day time schedules and make plans accordingly.

Posted by
3948 posts

We enjoyed La Carboneria also. 30 min shows 8:30, 9:30, and 10:30. Stay for one or all three. We stayed for two. Yes, buy your drinks (nice choices) or food (which is adequate but nothing special). Casual and fun.

Posted by
407 posts

I've been to Casa de la Memoria in Seville twice and thoroughly enjoyed it. When I went in 2017, it was just the dance with an excellent guitarist, no dinner.