Please sign in to post.

flamenco in madrid

any recommendations for best flamenco in madrid? thank you!!

Posted by
6788 posts

Flamenco is more of a Seville thing. I'm sure you can find some in Madrid, but if your trip includes Seville, you would be better off taking in some more authentic flamenco there.

Posted by
336 posts

I have tickets this saturday at corral de la memoria. You can MP me the next day, i will tell how it was.
I bought tickets there after a lot of reading on flamenco in Madrid.
I saw a show in Sevilla at casa de la guitarra back in 2014, impressive.
I saw a show in Barcelona(artists from Andalucia) in october at Palau dalmases, we were speechless: emotion, sensuality, it was breathtaking.
I’m in Sevilla at the moment and we have tickets tomorrow at casa de la memoria, another very traditional place.
Being a musician myself, I really like flamenco as it is a combination of tradition, virtuosity, emotions, sensuality.

Posted by
336 posts

Quick update: so we saw an outstanding show at casa de la memoria in Sevilla. Wow! Emotions, intensity, so much talent.
I hope corral de la memoria in Madrid can top that.

Posted by
336 posts

Ok so just came back from Corral de la moreria in Madrid...
conclusion is: do no go there, and this for many reasons
-eventhough performers are great, the vibe in the venue isn’t there. Meal is at 7pm let’s say, show is at 8pm. It is expected that serving food is over by the beginning of the show, but it’s not. So you have servers in front of you going back and forth constantly. I was very frustrated throu out the whole show.
-it is not traditional flamenco at all. Quite more modern, so the mood just isn’t the same. It’s a performance without the typical flamenco intensity
-and considering the above it is WAY overpriced at 45 euros +40 euro meal

When I think of the the show in Sevilla at casa de la memoria for 18 euros, it’s nopight and day.
Try to find another venue, this one is not what we are expecting of a flamenco show