Please sign in to post.

FC Barcelona Tickets

We will be traveling to Barcelona in February 2017. We would like to purchase tickets to an FC Barcelona match on February 19. Any suggestions on how to purchase tickets securely from the US? Suggestions for areas of the stadium to avoid? Are there favorite restaurants or bars near the stadium?

Posted by
565 posts

The only way I recommend is either the official site of FC Barcelona, or a site like viagogo.com that says OFFICIAL AGENT on the site. They will likely not be available until much closer to the date-ticket sales are a little different in Europe. The club members have first dibs, then the general public. If there are no available tickets for a certain day (usually only likely if it's a match against Real Madrid), then expect to pay very, very high prices on resale sites like viagogo. Most matches have tickets available; Camp Nou has a capacity of around 90,000.
The area around the stadium is away from the center a bit, so the few pubs around get very, very full before and after matches. Follow the crowd off the train and walk to the stadium.

Posted by
2940 posts

Not that matters, but capacity is 99,786... and is the largest stadium in Europe in terms of capacity and, worldwide, within the top 10. Yep, I needed to brag, sorry :))

FCB is not a company but a membership club owned by the members. This is quite rare for a big club even in Europe -albeit not unique. This little detail radically changes the availability of seats for the games. The way this works for the members is rather "democratic" in this sense, and availability has nothing to do with how much you're willing to pay but with seniority in your membership. There are different types of membership (called abonaments in Catalan, the local language). At the top, and most expensive one, the member pays annual dues that entitle the use of the seat for the games of the season, including most international games (ie. European championships, etc). For several years there has been a waiting list for this sort of membership with several thousands of members waiting. Another type, called Abonament Lliga, entitles the member a seat to all the games of the National League only. And then there are members without abonaments that simply purchase tickets to certain games -when they're available. Except for a small number of seats that are held by the FCB for guests and VIPs, the rest are owned already by FCB members. Should all members decide to attend to each and every game, there wouldn't be any seats for the non-members (=general public)... ever! But that's not so, and the club has an internal system by which members with abonaments that won't be attending this or that game can "sell" it and split the profits with the club. The system has clear rules and it has been working for years. Obviously the "hotter" games (ie. against Real Madrid) see a scarcity of seats for non-members. When a member indicates he/she won't be using his/her "abonament" for such game, the club includes that seat on a bag of "available seats" that can be purchased by other members and by non-members (general public if you want) for that particular game.

Despite the way "we roll" in this club, for most games, finding a seat for a non-member IS normally possible... thanks to the capacity of the stadium and pure statistics -not everybody attends all games. But then another hurdle kicks in in the purchasing 'adventure' for a non-member... this time due to the way TV rights work in this country. Many (not all!) games are announced (or rather "confirmed") only a few weeks in advance and sometimes, even after being announced, specific games can be switched from say Friday to Saturday or to Sunday -not normal, but it can happen and it has happened- to fit commercial interests (clubs, TVs, sponsors...). For someone from abroad trying to purchase a ticket for a specific game months ahead this can be a real inconvenience of course.

In any case, it's best to purchase the tickets directly to the club, in the address provided above by Michael, rather than on intermediaries. Noting that while the later can be legally selling them, there have been cases of illegal selling (ie. at Viagogo)

Posted by
2940 posts

The game on Feb 19th is against Leganés, right jmebelle? If so I do believe you'll find it easy to purchase tickets... Leganés it's not quite a contender -if you catch my drift!

Posted by
29 posts

Hi Enric,
I am interested in the game on Oct. 19, FCB vs Manchester City. But only see VIP tickets available now. Does that mean for this game all the seats are VIP seats, or all the non-VIP seats are sold out already, or the club will release non-VIP seats later?
Thanks!

Posted by
2940 posts

Hi Chris, I'm not an expert on this -I don't really attend many games and when I do I use the membership passes of a friend of mine, longtime member of the club- but as far as I know the "liberation" of seats is produced a few weeks in advance only so I would think they'll be on offer within the next week or so. Anyhow, I suspect that for this game is going to be tough to get tickets as it is one of the hot games of the year, noting also Man City's current coach is Pep Guardiola, who is a beloved figure in Barcelona. Sorry for not being of much help on this one.

Posted by
29 posts

Thank you, Enric and Michael!

One more question: What's the chance of the club changing this game's date, especially for moving it to an earlier date before Oct. 19? I won't be in Barcelona until that day.

Posted by
9100 posts

What's the chance of the club changing this game's date, especially
for moving it to an earlier date before Oct. 19?

near 0%. Champions League matches are set in stone, they are rarely moved to another date.

Posted by
2940 posts

Chris, tickets for the very sought after FCB v ManCity game are going to go on sale TODAY at 11am Central European Time... in 40 minutes, hurry up!

Posted by
29 posts

Thanks, Enric!
Unfortunately due to the time zone difference when I check it now all are gone except the VIP tickets at 420-1250 euro. What a pitty!
Can you suggest a Barca fans sports bar or club where I can go to have dinner and watch the game on Oct. 19?

Posted by
3 posts

Dear Enric,
My daughter will visit Barcelona from 6/12 to 10/12. She wants to surprise her boyfriend-a Barcelona fan, and can not buy tickets to the game (Barcelona vs Borussia Monchengladbach - Champions League) on the official website-only sites like Viagogo.

Ma be you know, when ticket sales opened on the site of Barcelona, ​​and do you think will be able to buy 2 tickets together? May be another site?

And another thing, can you recommend a good meat restaurant (not so expensive) celebrate a birthday not far from city center (good hamburger restaurant, for example)
Thank you,
Really needs help

Posted by
2940 posts

Dear roitman5

Football

I'm afraid I can't be of much help on this one. As I mentioned to Chris above, I'm not an expert on how to buy tickets since I don't normally go to the games -and when I do I use the membership passes of a friend. It's always better to buy tickets from the source, FC Barcelona or one of the approved sale offices in the city as tickets bought elsewhere (ie online) are not guaranteed not to be a fake. As I was explaining above, the peculiar way this club works makes it a bit more complex for non-members to get hold of a ticket (at a decent price that is!). Normally members liberate their seats a few weeks before the game only. But for games like the one you mention, the offer is not so great, maybe a few thousand seats only, since most members tend to fill the stadium in these sort of games. Being a hot game expect to pay quite a lot of money. In short, I can only say to keep checking the club's website to see when the liberated tickets start selling... I would imagine it'll be soon.

Restaurant

I'd like to point out that is quite easy and inexpensive to move around in Barcelona so location is never a factor when choosing a restaurant. I strongly suggest not to limit yourself in that front. Even taxis are inexpensive.

For me a "meat restaurant" is not a burger place but a steakhouse.... if your daughter bf really likes meat, I would suggest a nice place like Asador de Aranda Tibidabo -the meat is great and the site is super: http://bit.ly/2eNXHiv , http://bit.ly/2eNUQpJ Price-wise is around 40€/50€ p.p. (average) More details here. It's located in the posh part of the city, up-town, to get there from the centre the most convenient way is a taxi albeit metro can also be taken -then there is a 300-yards walk uphill. A taxi from say Pl. Catalunya should be around 20€ tops. It's really a great site for a romantic surprise b-day celebration... but of course there are other great steakhouses in town: Can Xurrades, Patagonia Beef & Wine, Pampero, Vic Braseria, Vinya Rosa, 9 Reinas, Gilda, Buenos Aires Grill Restaurant and even Au Porte de la Lune among others -some are more expensive than others too :)

For burgers, try this: http://www.timeout.com/barcelona/restaurants/the-best-burgers-in-the-city

Enjoy

Posted by
35 posts

We are getting closer to our trip and the time for the February 19, 2017 match has not yet been announced. I noticed some previous matches started around 8pm. Is that correct? this is a Sunday match and I am wondering if that would result in an afternoon game. Thanks for any input/