Please sign in to post.

FC Barcelona

We will be in Barcelona the weekend of April 21-23 We we’re super excited about getting tickets to the Villarreal match but now that game has been moved because of the Copa Del Rey final. While I am super bummed about not getting to see a match in person I still want to make the most of that weekend. Where would be the best place, bar restaurant or venue to watch the Copa Del Rey final with locals? My husband and I are huge fans and never miss a game so watching a final in Barcelona will still be a great experience.

Posted by
1036 posts

This is not a direct answer to your question, but you can do a tour of Camp Nou. I did it and to get a selfie with "Mas Que Un Club" in the seats in the background was worth it all by itself.

Posted by
4 posts

Yes, we did that when we were there last time. It’s amazing! That’s how I fell in love with the club. Someday I will get the timing right and make it to a match.

Posted by
2941 posts

...you have two choices:

1. Go to one of the English pubs in town -in the Isles they're all mad about sports, madder than us here, and they can't live without a TV on all day long playing some match, regardless of the sport. There you'll find a mix of expats, locals and visitors.
  2. Go to one of the "penyes" -fan associations. There are plenty in the city. They tend to meet in a specific bar ("bar" in the European sense, not the US sense!, yet you've been here before, so you know what I mean). There you'll tend to find mostly locals. One could perhaps say the "ambience" is more "authentic" (mind me!)

For 1.) a few that come to mind: Bar Llopart, Mau Mau Underground, La Sue BCN (especially for female fans!). Michael Collins, Bernie's Diner Grill & Bar Barcelona, Sports Bar in the lower part of La Rambla, etc For 2.) you can look up FCB's site for more information and then check the map to choose one.

One that comes to mind: http://www.ovellanegrabcn.net/?lang=en but it's not in the centre. Incidentally, those that can't travel away from the US without watching the Superbowl, this is one of the few places in town where you'll surely catch it: http://www.ovellanegrabcn.net/?p=4939&lang=en

Local supporters also meet often at friend's homes to watch the game if they can't attend.

Posted by
3 posts

It depends on the area where you are staying at. I would recommend George Payne Irish Pub but there are no locals. You could try, and that might be pretty cool, to watch the match with a "Penya". Those are official fan clubs and they organize events around those matches. There are plenty around Barcelona. I would first google "Penya FC Barcelona (and the area you are staying at)". If you don't find anything you can always ask the FC barcelona department directly. You'll find it on fcbarcelona.com It might happen that they don't answer. In that case I would ask an official partner like Nicabarcelona
They will know as well and will definetly help you. They might have their own event as well. Have fun in BCN! :-) I hope this helped.