Please sign in to post.

Daytrip driving trips

My wife and I are on a RS trip to Spain in May and want to spend a few days in Lisbon afterward. I've noticed one option is a driving business called Daytrip, which has a driver pick you up at your hotel in Seville and drive to the hotel in Lisbon. The trip has the option of making a sightseeing side trip on the way to Lisbon. Has anyone used or heard of this service? Any thoughts about this service?
(I also posted this on the Portugal site)
Thanks, Rich

Posted by
114 posts

Hello Rich, we used them last year in Austria, Czech Republic! Our driver from Salzburg to Vienna was really nice and took extra time to show us around. But, we had a really bad experience from Vienna to Prague. The driver didn't show us around for the required time and was on the phone the whole time instead of taking about the places we visited. We cancelled our 3rd trip with them.

Good Luck!

Posted by
2455 posts

Rich, I don't know this business, so can't comment on that, but this sounds like a very good way to get from Seville to Lisbon, given the lack of ground transit, that if you rent a car there are huge drop off fees from one country to another, and planes can be pricey, infrequent, and you see almost nothing on the way other than clouds. Hope it works out. Both the RS Spain Tour and Lisbon (and other parts of Portugal) are wonderful and May is a perfect month for the trip!