Please sign in to post.

Day trip to Tangiers

We will be in Malaga and are considering a day trip to Tangiers. Any thoughts?

Posted by
6788 posts

Many here (myself included) would suggest first taking a hard look at your time in Spain. Do you have plenty of time there to see everything you want to see, and you have "extra" days in Spain that would otherwise be completely wasted? If yes (really? you've seen everything in Spain?) then sure, go do the "bodertown" experience. But...

Most folks would consider that "extra" day spent better in Spain. While Morocco is a wonderful destination, on a day-trip to Tangiers you won't be seeing Morocco at its best (some would say you'll be seeing it at its worst). I love Morocco, but I would not do a day-trip to Tangiers (just like I love Mexico, too, but would not waste a day on a day-trip to Tijuana...I'd find something better to do in San Diego).

A better idea: Go to Morocco when you have enough time to get to the good stuff - the great ancient cities of Marrakech, Fes, and other stuff that's beyond the day-trip ferry ports.

Posted by
7683 posts

Forget Tangiers, it is not worth it. Morrocco has some great places like Marrakesh, Fes and Rabat, but NOT Tangiers.

Posted by
5273 posts

Don't do it, the place is a dump, misogyny is rife, traders are keen to rip you off and animal cruelty is everywhere. Stick to Spain.