Please sign in to post.

Day trip from Seville

Reaching Seville this weekend for 6 nights. I am looking for any recommendation for one day trip. I was thinking Cadiz but read in one of the posts here that this is already the end of the season in Cadiz. so looking for some other alternatives. We already are going to Cordoba and Granada for a few nights in each city.

Also any suggestions for bike tours in Seville?

Thanks

Posted by
6876 posts

Cádiz is lovely even when the beaches are quiet, so it's still viable.
An obvious choice would be Córdoba; Arcos de la Frontera is also a viable day trip if the bus connections are OK.
Can't help about biking.

Posted by
115 posts

Thanks @balso. I should have mentioned this in my original post. We have plans for Cordoba for 3 nights after Seville.

Posted by
3816 posts

How about Ronda. I haven’t been there but many people recommend it.

Posted by
3240 posts

In October 2017, we went to Cadiz on a day trip from Seville. We weren't there for the beach scene; but I loved Cadiz and would love to back.

Posted by
11130 posts

We also enjoyed Cadiz, the city streets, restaurants and the antiquities. It’s the oldest city in Europe so a very worthwhile place to visit.

Posted by
1520 posts

Cadiz is an excellent day trip especially with fewer crowds. Invest in strolling through a remarkable place by visiting Cadiz.

Posted by
186 posts

Or just go to the Roman ruins of Italicus, just outside the city. Check out the mosaics and stand in the ruined coliseum (where parts of the final episode of Game of Thrones was filmed). Birthplace of Trajan and Hadrian. Less stressful than a round trip to a town, but kind of depends if this would be interesting for you.

Posted by
60 posts

We are going to be spending three extra nights in Seville after RS Spain in October. I would consider Jerez for sherry. Also there is a market tour and cooking class available in Seville that we are going to do.

Posted by
115 posts

thanks everyone for some great suggestions.