Please sign in to post.

day trip from barcelona

What will you recommend as the best daytrips to do from Barcelona? Should we book these through an agency or do them ourselves?

Posted by
15560 posts

Among the most popular are Monserrat, Girona/Figueres (one long day), and Tarragona, all of which are easy on your own.

Posted by
3218 posts

In 2017, we used Spanish Trails for 3 day trips from Barcelona - Priorat Wine Country, Tarragona (private), and Girona/Costa Brava. It would have been impossible for my husband and me to do the Priorat tour independently. I know we could have traveled independently to Girona and Tarragona, but I wanted us to just relax and enjoy ourselves without me worrying about logistics all day (which I will do). All three tours were great.

https://spanish-trails.com/barcelona-tours/

Posted by
5508 posts

I would highly recommend Montserrat which is easily done in a day. If you enjoy hiking I recommend taking the funicular up to the top of the mountain for some awesome views. I love Girona and its an hour from Barcelona. Ideally, I'd stay at least a night (or more), but you could see a lot in a day. You can do both very easily on your own.