Please sign in to post.

Cordoba

Does anyone have recommendations for a Cordoba tour guide? I've emailed the two local guides (Isabel and Angel) listed in Rick Steves' SPAIN book but have not heard back. I'm a solo traveler going in the 3rd week of September, and happy to pay appropriately for the guide's time. Thanks in advance.

Posted by
3813 posts

We used ArtenCordoba.com. We booked three tours with them - a Historic Walking Tour, Cathedral Tour, and Patios Tour. The patios you can tour on your own, the guide wasn’t necessary. We also went to the horse show. If you go, book the more expensive seats, very affordable, cause the seats have backs. The cheap seats are just on a slab, no backs.

Posted by
692 posts

We used Isabel Martinez last year and she was fantastic. How strange that she has not gotten back to you; she was quite prompt when I was scheduling with her.

Here is the email address I was using:

isabmr@gmail.com

Perhaps try her again in case something went wrong in the send? She was really, really good.

Good luck!

Posted by
862 posts

We used ArtenCordoba.com

So did we. Did two tours with them in February and were very happy.

Posted by
6 posts

Hi, @joanneperronmd
We are looking for a tour guide in Cordoba for November. Did you ever hear back from Isabel Martinez? We contacted her via her email and did not hear back.
What did you end up doing about a guide in Cordoba? Thank you!

Posted by
169 posts

We used Carmen Balsera Blanco just last week and really loved her. My husband is super picky, and he enjoyed the private tour immensely. Because we used her directly, she is less expensive than going through a 3rd party site. I believe she was 145 Euro for 3 hours (and she went over time as well). I found her on the Cordoba tourism website, but I think she's on Trip Advisor also.