Please sign in to post.

connecting flights

Is a 2 hour connection at London Heathrow from Boston - London - Barcelona and Barcelona - London - Boston enough time?

Posted by
6375 posts

Then I wouldn't worry about it if the airline thinks it's reasonable.

Posted by
3695 posts

Yes, 2 hours is enough time. I have connected through Heathrow 6 times with less than 2 hours connecting time going from SFO to Barcelona, Paris, and Milan. I have never missed my connecting flight. My checked luggage, however, has missed the connecting flight the three times that the connection time was 75 minutes or less.

Posted by
5 posts

Thank you! We aren't checking anything so based on your responses I'm feeling better.

Posted by
841 posts

Heathrow airport has a nice planner which will show the time they think you need and explains transfers between terminals. Transfers are well marked in the airport.

Of course, your first flight could be late and you could miss your connection. Happened to us this fall, but we were rebooked and got home the same day. Others were rebooked for the following day. So, if your arrival time is really essential, you might want more time.

Posted by
8889 posts

FYI - nobody has actually said this so far. As this is one ticket:

• Your bags will be checked through to your final destination (Barcelona or Boston). You will not see them in Heathrow.
  • You will stay "airside", you will not need to go through immigration (passport control) and not legally enter the UK.

So all you need to worry about is getting yourselves (and any hand luggage) to the second flight. You will probably go through a security bag scan.

Posted by
6375 posts

You will go through security again. British airports don't trust non-british security checks.

Posted by
1603 posts

Yes, it should be enough time. We had a 2 hour connection this past July from Marseille - London - Boston, and we did not have any problems. We arrived at our departure gate with time to spare.