Please sign in to post.

CLT-MAD Boeing 700-200 seats

Just booked CLT-MAD on AA. A commenter on seat Guru said one half of business class seats are rear facing. I've been trying for a couple of days and I cannot find this information on any chart. Anyone have an idea as to how I might go about finding this information? I tend to get queasy with rear facing seats. (I couldn't find any indication on either seat Guru or AA as to which seats are which).

Posted by
14811 posts

There is no such plane as the Boeing 700. There is a 737, 757, 767, 777, 787........

I looked and it's a 777-200. There are no rear facing seats in business class.

How far ago was the comment about rear facing seats. They are being phased out. But if you are not sure, call AA.

Posted by
610 posts

You're absolutely right, Frank ll, it was indeed a Boeing 777-200. My bad. The post on seat Guru was from Nov 19, 2019 so, indeed, things could have changed. Glad to hear there are no rear facing seats in business class!
BTW, I did try calling AA but was on hold more than 45 minutes and gave up. Again, BTW, my past experiences with the agents at both AA and United when asking about seats were less than satisfactory. They seemed to have less information than I did. Nonetheless, I will try to check with them again a couple of months before we leave. I thank you very much for your help

Posted by
14811 posts

If you look at the AA seating chart you will see they are all forward facing seats. I remember the old ying/yang of forward and rear seating and they were side by side. No more of those as they were very unpopular.

BA still flies those type of seats but they are being phased out.