Please sign in to post.

Castellers

I will be in Barcelona July 20-July 31. Is there a place to see the famous castellers while I am there?

Posted by
656 posts

Thanks Laura. Unfortunately the links are all in Catalan so I will need to do more research. Has anyone seen them? Is it worth watching them perform outside of a festival?

Posted by
295 posts

Yes, they are worth seeing if you can. We just returned from three months in Barcelona. We were at the Santa Eulalia festival at night, and lucked out being at the very bottom as two of them (with lights!) went up. The music (snare drums and odd reed flutes) was fascinating. I took movies.

Posted by
8 posts

hi,

in this webpage there are a calendar of performances for the whole year (they usually update during the year,so check again in July) not only in Barcelona but around Catalonia:

http://www.cccc.cat/contents/july-51

The webpage included a map...... :-)

Also... you can see the training sesions also, because it's open to every one..there are 6 groups in Barcelona, so you can find some of them near your hotel probably....

Posted by
656 posts

Thanks everyone. It is something completely different from the US and I would love to see it:)