Please sign in to post.

Carnival in Spain 2024

Planning 3 weeks in Spain during carnival and would like advise. We are young at heart seniors would like to experience music & costume parade. Prefer to observe from private balcony or area or stadium seating. I experienced Carnival in Curacao from a balcony and it was fabulous! We fly into Madrid and want to go south to Malaga & Seville for milder weather but are open to other cities....have not booked hotels yet & will travel by train, bus or taxi.

Posted by
1430 posts

Carnival is really big in Cadiz—even Franco’s edict banning Carnival for 40 years in Spain couldn’t stop the Cadiz Carnival. Next year it starts ten days before the final party on February 18, 2024.

Posted by
7291 posts

Hi Judy, we’re going to be in southern Spain and are staying in downtown Cadiz during the first week of Carnival, close to where the fireworks go off each evening. We looked at videos on YouTube, and it does look like a friendly atmosphere for everyone.

We’re flying into Malaga for a few nights and then over to Estepona for the rest of the week. Then a week in Cadiz and finishing in Sevilla & Madrid. If you want to PM me, I can give you the hotels & apartment names, if interested. We have been to Malaga, Sevilla & Madrid, previously.