Please sign in to post.

Car Rental

We're planning to travel to Spain in the fall and I'm wondering if a Renault Scenic is large enough for 4 adults with luggage. Any help would be appreciated.

Posted by
6539 posts

Depends on how much luggage you have and the size of the adults. I looked up a photo of the luggage area and if you each have only one carryon sized bag and a couple backpacks you should be fine. Remember that when you have the vehicle parked while you’re visiting someplace, you don’t want anything in view to make your stuff a target for thieves. If you have more luggage, or the adults are larger, get a larger vehicle. Also remember that even if you reserve a Renault Scenic (Or similar), you’ll get whatever is on the lot when you pick up the car. Sometime I get the exact type car I reserved, but not always, and occasionally I get a free upgrade. It will never be smaller than you reserved. The Scenic seems to be about the size of a Ford Escape and that’s a nice size for driving in the smaller towns. Consider looking up the Scenic’s dimensions and find a similar U.S. car, then go look at it on a car lot to see if you think it will work for your group and luggage.

Posted by
2916 posts

20 years ago we took our niece and her husband to France for their honeymoon, and rented a Scenic. There was plenty of room. However, I don't know if the current Scenic has changed a lot since then.

Posted by
11156 posts

AutoEurope has luggage capacity listed on their website. Do a mock booking and it will come up.