Please sign in to post.

Can I get hotel in Barcelona for $100/ night?

We will be in Barcelona from Oct 7th to Oct 10th. Looking for hotel options around Placa de Catalunya for $100/ night approx.
Or should I look for hotels in Ramblas area? I would like to have a room with a view (street view is fine though I know it may come with noise). Any 2 start hotel in the area is priced above $180, are hotels expensive during that time?

Any information will be very helpful and appreciated!
Thanks!

Posted by
11156 posts

You are looking for a hotel room for around 85 Euro, hard to find in high tourism areas. Go to Booking.com as there are a couple of places near your price point. Personally, I don't like the Ramblas, crowded, touristy. Barcelona is a major international city and you have to expect high prices for most hotels. Good luck finding a suitable hotel in your budget and enjoy this beautiful city.

Posted by
258 posts

Would you consider Air BnB? I did a search for your dates with a max price of 87 euros, and there were over a dozen "entire place" (as opposed to a room inside someone's home), many with great reviews, and many that were well below your price range. Good luck, and be sure to read the reviews so you get an accurate picture!

Posted by
3 posts

Thanks Suki and Joan!
I don't mind air bnb only if I can find something more central.

Posted by
27112 posts

I think I had to pay between 70 and 80 euros for a tiny single room with a view of an air shaft just off Placa Catalunya in 2016. (It might have been higher than that; I'm traveling and don't have access to my records.) I think it's very unlikely you'll find a double with a view in your price range that's located near your target area--unless it has really major problems. I just took a quick look at Booking.com, and rates are higher than I was expecting. I wonder whether there's something special happening during the period of your visit.

Be careful about options like Airbnb. Barcelona doesn't seem to be as far along as Paris, but it is reportedly going after illegal (unregistered) rentals. I haven't kept up with the details, but the situation has been discussed on this forum.

Perhaps you can find something farther out near a Metro station.

Posted by
7175 posts

Consider Eixample as ‘central’.
Somewhere like Acta Antibes would appeal to me ... from about US$115. Walking is a joy. Metro is quick and easy.

Posted by
3 posts

Thanks everyone for your suggestions! Booked a Hotel in Ramblas area for 350 euros for 3 nights with Double bed and city view.

Posted by
5581 posts

Try BCN fashion house. It's a B n B in an old antique fashion house. I don't believe I paid more than $100 for 3 people. Super clean, spacious, great people. Our bathroom was down the hall. Not sure if some of the rooms had private baths or not. We were very happy and it was a couple blocks from the Placa de Catalunya.
www.bcnfashionhouse.com
Carrer Bruc, 13, 08010

Posted by
5581 posts

oops, didn't see that you had already booked. Have a great trip!