Please sign in to post.

Cadiz

Our ship docks at Cadiz from 6 am - 5 pm on Nov. 18 (Saturday), HOWEVER, I like to be on board 2 hours prior to leaving, so really 6 am - 3pm (9 hours).
What do you suggest that we do to make the most of our stay of 9 hours?
THANKS in advance!!

Posted by
6921 posts

Cádiz is a lovely city to explore, so I would stay there, personally! Your cruise line might offer excursions to Seville, but it would be rushed, in my opinion.

Posted by
6616 posts

That leaves little time to go anyplace else. I too recommend staying in Cádiz. Even if the ship docks at 6am that doesn’t mean you’ll get right off.

You could technically take the ferry over to Rota or Puerto de Santa María if it’s running that day. Both are worth walking around. The castle in Puerto is small, yet worth visiting if you’re there when it is open. If the bay waters are rough however, the ferry stops running, then you’d be redirected to a bus.

Posted by
250 posts

In September, we spent a lovely afternoon wandering in Cadiz and, along the way, stumbled upon Restaurante Arrebol. We were blown away! The hot dog de langostinos crujiente was incredible. The fish and chips gaditano and ostion en tempura were exceptional. Arrebol made our quick stop in Cadiz memorable. Would highly recommend if great food in a small, local spot is your thing.