Please sign in to post.

Bus travel between White Towns in Andalusia in March 2015

We will be in Malaga for a few days in Mid March 2015. I thought we would visit towns along the coast via public bus - which apparently is not a problem.

But in reading about Rick's recommendation to settle in Arcos de Frontera to see more of that area, I thought I would then settle us in Arcos for a few more days and take a bus from Arcos down to Cadiz and another day a bus from Arcos to Ronda. BUT I don't easily find those buses on any of the websites. Will taking buses from Arcos not work? Do you have any info about this?

Will visiting these towns in March be a problem -- since it is not the high season?

Posted by
23177 posts

We did the reverse from Cadiz. Just went to the bus station and got on the next bus going there. Later afternoon in Arcos we, again, went to the bus deport and waited about 30 mins for the bus. The buses were super cheap. Never thought much about a schedule assuming the buses when every hour or so.

Posted by
16893 posts

I would confirm bus schedules locally when you're there, but not be particularly worried. See p. 775 of the Spain book for a summary of bus frequency. Since direct buses to Ronda run only 1-2x/day in each direction, you'll have to build your plan around their schedule.