Please sign in to post.

Biking Camino Santiago -may-June 2018

An tips for biking the Camino?
We’re starting our trip in Barcelona -biking then to Madrid to start our bike trek to Camino

Posted by
23265 posts

Which route are you following?

Posted by
66 posts

If you are on Facebook, I highly recommend joining the "American Pilgrims on the Camino (APOC) group. It is a very active forum for those who have done the Camino(s), are currently on the Camino, and those (like me also) who plan to do the Camino. I have picked up terrific advice, and their forum is contagious. It is terrific!

Buen Camino!
Ron

Posted by
3391 posts

The most commonly used route for the Camino de Santiago is the Camino Frances. Many people bike this route. If you simply google Camino de Santiago by bike you'll find many resources for doing this. The route runs from St. Jean Pied de Port in southern France to Santiago. Many people don't walk/bike the entire thing though. Since you are starting near Madrid I would suggest maybe starting there, following the Camino route from Madrid, and then meet up with the Frances route at Burgos or Leon depending on how far you wish to ride. You'll have lots of company and meet interesting people on this route.