Please sign in to post.

Best Spain tour times 2018

My wife and I will join a 14 day tour of Spain in 2018. Are there preferred times to go? I am thinking of weather and festivals etc.

Posted by
23343 posts

Our preference for that part of the world would be October to early Nov and perhaps the last week of Sept.

Posted by
3580 posts

I like the Spain tours starting in April and the first one in May. I like spring travel. I dislike heat. This year late May got too hot for me in Italy. For a fall tour, I would choose one starting in October.

Posted by
7175 posts

I would choose from the highlighted departures for 2018. Go earlier in May or later in September if you are averse to warmer weather.

Apr 16–Apr 29 (Mo-Su)
Apr 23–May 6 (Mo-Su)
Apr 30–May 13 (Mo-Su)
May 7–May 20 (Mo-Su)
May 14–May 27 (Mo-Su)
May 21–Jun 3 (Mo-Su)
May 28–Jun 10 (Mo-Su)

Jun 4–Jun 17 (Mo-Su)
Jun 11–Jun 24 (Mo-Su)
Jun 18–Jul 1 (Mo-Su)
Aug 27–Sep 9 (Mo-Su)
Sep 3–Sep 16 (Mo-Su)
Sep 10–Sep 23 (Mo-Su)
Sep 17–Sep 30 (Mo-Su)
Sep 24–Oct 7 (Mo-Su)
Oct 1–Oct 14 (Mo-Su)

Oct 8–Oct 21 (Mo-Su)
Oct 15–Oct 28 (Mo-Su)
Oct 22–Nov 4 (Mo-Su)

Posted by
1019 posts

we did the 7 day Barcelona/madrid June 11 to 18 of this year and it was way too hot for us.

Posted by
6619 posts

We generally travel in late April-May and late September into October. A lot depends on which part of the country we plan on seeing. We stay away June-August since it is hot in most of the country and that's also the primary tourist season.

Posted by
2388 posts

I did this tour end of April/beginning of May and it was just fine. We had snow (really) in Segovia but it was pleasant to hot as we moved south. Easter is early that year, but May Day (the 1st) most things are closed, so keep that in mind when planning.

FWIW, I regret not making a stop in Cordoba on the way back from Sevilla to Madrid to fly home. So just plan on doing that. Also, an extra day in Barcelona is well worth it, so much to see/do there.

Posted by
4 posts

Thanks to all of you for your very helpful replies. We have signed up for the April 30 - May 13 tour. October sounded good but we didn't want to wait that long!

Posted by
4 posts

Thanks to all of you for your very helpful replies. We have signed up for the April 30 - May 13 tour. October sounded good but we didn't want to wait that long!