Please sign in to post.

Barcelona trip

Hi,

I will be in Barcelona with my family for 6 days 1st till 6th Oct.
I am attending exhibition in Barcelona from 4th to 6th Oct 9am to 5pm.

Please advise on the best way to see and enjoy Barcelona with this sdhedule.

Many Thanks,

Sanjay

Posted by
15593 posts

There are many, many things to see and do in Barcelona. Are you traveling with small children? What are your interests?

A few sights need to be pre-booked to avoid long waits in line.

Posted by
2 posts

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.
No there are no kids .I am travelling with my spouse.

We are interested in seeing the main attractions.We would be interested only in the main musuems.

Fashion,shopping,Dining is also on the agenda.

Thanks,

Sanjay

Posted by
27192 posts

I highly recommend the Museo Nacional d'Artede Catalunya, which includes medieval church frescoes and architectural elements as well as paintings. You should also see one or more of the modernista architecture sights. I hate to say that any particular sight is a "must", but La Sagrada Familia probably is a must-visit. You definitely need a guidebook for Barcelona to help you figure which of the many sights you most want to see.

Your timing is good, because a lot of museums have free days on the first Sunday of the month (October 2). The tourist office has a list, and I assume the information is also available online. It would be good to get a local opinion as to whether there are some places that should not be visited on the free day due to crowding. There are scattered tourist information offices and booths around the city. The one in Plaça de Catalunya (underground level) has a large number of English-language brochures on display and is very helpful. It sells tickets to many of the popular sights at a 2-euro surcharge.

Meal times in Barcelona are late, and I think even in October some sights (including Casa Batllo and Casa Mila/La Pedrera) are open until 8:30 or 9 PM, so you can squeeze in one visit each evening on your work days before you go to dinner. Google the individual sights you're considering, switch the language to English, and look for the visiting hours. Make sure what you see is for October. Many places reduce their hours in September or October.