Please sign in to post.

barcelona restaurants

I'm only in Barcelona for 2 nights with a friend. We are pretty active but not up to standing at the bar in a crowded tapas bar. Looking for a restaurant with good tapas and one other for great seafood. Any suggestions would be appreciated. thanks sue

Posted by
27172 posts

Since Barcelona eats dinner very late, you may prefer a spot that's reasonably close to your lodgings. Where are you staying?

Posted by
183 posts

Take a stroll on the street that runs parallel to Passiag de Gracia , fantastic pedestrian boulevard down the centre of the street with blocks of cafes and places to enjoy tapas and wine

Posted by
160 posts

We're staying at the majestic hotel, but I don't mind taking a cab for a good restaurant. thanks

Posted by
351 posts

Agreed with the prior comment, Tapas 24 was very good. We were there for lunch but it was definitely more of a sit down place. Ferran 59 in the Gothic Quarter was our favorite tapas experience in our week in Spain.

Posted by
2455 posts

Sue, I enjoyed La Lubina Restaurant in a locals neighborhood in Eixample. La Lubina means sea bass, which is their signature dish and is excellent. Not inexpensive, but worth it. Reservations usually necessary.

Posted by
183 posts

Your hotel is in a great location , we were one block down at the Hilton Alexandria Barcelona. A few blocks from the train and subway line . 15 minute walk to sacrada familia.