Please sign in to post.

Barcelona in November

I'm going to Barcelona in November and I was wondering if anyone could suggest day trips that won't require being on a train for a long time. I realize that there may be some things closed in November, as it's the off season.

Posted by
656 posts

Montserrat is about an hour by train. I was there a month ago. It is beautiful.

Posted by
7175 posts

Montserrat is a spectacular setting but it involves a cable car or funicular as well as train, and may not be such a desired destination for those not 'of faith'. Tarragona and Girona are both served by fast trains and are of significant interest for a day out. Sitges, with its wide beachfront and old town, is only 30 mins from Barcelona if you are looking for a quick destination for lunch etc.

Posted by
15582 posts

Girona is worth a day, it's a 40 minute ride from Barcelona. If you are a Dali fan, you could continue a few minutes on that train to Figueres instead spend the day there. I tried to figure out a way to see both in one day, but it's not doable because of the late opening time of the museum.

Posted by
2940 posts

rolma769... Barcelona is not a "summer resort"... it's a city with over 2 million inhabitants... there's no "off season". In November everything is open, as it is the rest of the year. Same goes with say Girona, Vic, Besalú, Tarragona, Montserrat... typical spots visited by tourists too.

Posted by
4 posts

We are doing a wine tour and then Montserrat in November. But I hear that Montserrat is a site to see!